Coat Closet Coming Along



 The shelf is done!  It isn't perfect, but my engineering skills have paid off.  Above the closet is a hatch that leads to the attic, and so the bar and shelf need to be strong, stable, but retain the ability to come down when needed.  I found a great bar from Amazon that screws to the wall, but the bar itself is secured with screws you hand-twist to loosen or tighten.  The shelf was all me - I built it with a nice front piece, and the three sides that rest on cleats have Velcro on them.  This way the shelf isn't loose, but I can remove it easily (read: no tools) if we need to access the attic.

Next up is the tile.  We have a manual tile cutter, but I'll let my husband do that later.  Then we put down the sticky mat, place the tiles on it, then grout.  I'm SO done with thinset.

Last will be a hook to hold my purse.  Then we're done!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.

back to top