Losing, gaining

Tomorrow my mother in law comes to help with the situation in the basement.  On Monday, and every day this week, we will work with the organizer to turn the basement from a gut-wrenching dumpster fire into a peaceful place.  I'm looking forward to being able to paint the walls and set up my art and music studio.  There is a bedroom for guests that will free up my yoga room, which currently houses two twin beds.  And there's a large closet that is just crying out for better shelving.  

I can only do these amazing things when the items down there are sold, donated, or organized into the space.  I keep telling myself this, and that I'm letting go of the old me to make room for the new.  The new is a long time coming, so let's make it happen, eh?  There's so much talent rotting away while things just sit there gathering dust.  We will put them out into the universe where they can benefit others, and I can grow into the person I was meant to be.

Comments

  1. I finally figured out where your comment box is hiding on your blog! It stumped me until now, lol! Working with an organizer to cull, sort and purge your basement so you can turn it into an exciting new space for your creativity is such a great idea! Good luck with the process and have fun, it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I can't even be certain I was aware I HAD a comment box. I'm good at blog stuff 😜

      It will be so good to have my art studio back. Pictures, of course!

      And yes, hiring her was a great idea. It's been nothing short of life-changing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.

back to top