Coat Closet


We just got done renovating our kitchen.  And by "we" I mean the fabulous people we hired.  One of the great things they did was turn our pantry into a coat closet, simply by moving the door to the other side of the wall.  Now, the pantry is a closet, and the wall where the pantry was is a plate display wall.

Our coat closet situation was an antique wardrobe that was not really doing the trick.  It needs restoring, and was just a little too shallow for bulky coats.  This solution, along with the Elfa door org system from Container Store, works a lot better.  And I flippin' love my plate wall.  The red ones are my great-grandmother's.  The rest of the nonsense is mine.



Once my painting clothes are done in the dryer, I'll be outside in the gorgeous weather working on a shelf for the closet.  Depending on timing, I might be able to start on the tile floor.

This house had like zero functionality when we bought it, so my mission has been to correct that.  It's a work in progress.

 

Comments

  1. That is indeed a fabulous plate wall! You have a beautiful collection, full of meaning and memories..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is something very meaningful to me. When my mom had the set, they only got used during the holidays.... maybe (she has a lot of other china). Now I can enjoy them every day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.

back to top