Lately


It is absolutely hotter than the devil's drawers here in Virginia.  100* with all the usual humidity.  Ugh.  I've had to purchase a laptop chill pad because the thing is overheating, I had to shave the dog (made a hash of it) and put ice packs under her at night so she can sleep, and now I'm having migraines because the temperature is just too damn high.  Will I bellyache when the winter hits?  Most definitely.  I like the heat but this is a bit much.

We went to NJ for a few days and I almost died in the ocean but I mean that's what I'm there for so yeah it was a great time.  I got to spend some lovely days with people I miss with my whole heart, had some amazing food, went to an awesome craft fair, bought cool stuff, and generally had a super great time.  The trains (NJ Transit and Amtrak) were totally farked because of the heat (and now they're sniping at each other in the news instead of working together... asshats).  Nothing major impacted us though, with the exception of our Transit train having to rescue another train that crapped out between stations.  Really never a dull moment on the trains, I swear.

Back in VA, I've been doing my best to clean out the pool.  It took a few days because I could only work on it for a few hours at a time, but it's good.  Now we need to rebuild the pump.  Easy, but we don't want to do it in the heat.  I'm also working on my quilt again, but even then I end up sweating my face off.  Our AC is old enough to drink and I think it's on the sauce because it's not doing its job.  

Today is definitely a quilting day.  I'm making more in-between pieces, and that involves the Cricut.  There are so many different things to do with this quilt that aren't actually sewing, so it's perfect for someone who gets repetitive stress symptoms pretty easily.  On Wednesday I'm making a template with basswood and the Cricut, and then I can cut fabric more easily for the other in-between strips.

I also bought dip nail powder and have been doing my nails.  I'm not really a nail girlie, but I always get them done for the yearly dog rescue events.  It's expensive though, and I figure I can do it myself perfectly well.  I'm not going to a farking debutante ball or anything.  I tried it out last night and it's definitely weird but I think I can get better at it.  

Tonight we're getting a bandsaw from someone on Marketplace.  I'm ridiculously excited.  I can make neat shit now!  I was on there trying to buy a table saw since mine fell apart in my hands, but that person was being a total weirdo.  I happened across this band saw and the dude is really nice so yeah it's happening and I'm thrilled.

Enough of this.  Time to quilt.



Comments

back to top