O SNAP


 I DID IT YO

Ok so the top of the quilt is done.  I'm not 100% sure what the best way to do the sides would be (I mean, I have an idea, but I want to be sure so I don't waste material).  My mother in law is coming in a few days and she will help.  Sides, then batting and bottom (paw print fabric).  This is meant to be a Christmas present for Michele the dog groomer - I think we can have it done by then!

Next I need to finish my t-shirt quilt.  It will probably go a lot quicker now that I know how to do this a bit better.  I also want to make another version of The Dress.

SPEAKING OF DRESSES

I'm a super extra person at heart and pretty flamboyant and also impatient and lots of other stuff that can be read into my buying these vintage (reproduction) dress patterns.


I want to make the very extra-ist dresses, and I've already got fabric in mind for these.  Plus I bought a dressform so I could freestyle with this shit because let's face it, I don't know dick about patterns.  Except!!  I know that the reproduction patterns aren't very true to the original.  That's OK - I'm learning and these are learning projects.  And I do have my mother in law to help me.  Thankfully she knows about this stuff.

There's a sewing and quilting con near me in September that I'm definitely going to, and maybe I'll take a class on how not to be so fucking spastic I dunno.
















Comments

back to top